Friday, April 15, 2011

And then it was all over…

So its been a pretty incredible time. I loved every minute, storms in my tent on some random road in the forests of Sierra Leone. Random river crossings and eating crayfish on the beach. Dancing in arb clubs in cities you only knew by name. Driving, driving, driving, landscapes everywhere. We went in and out of the forest zone twice, saw arid savannah's, trees and birds. We fixed cars on muddy roads of Liberia, we got sick, we got better, we laughed and Don cried. We climbed trees in Nigeria to look at forest clearings. Smelly tents, smelly markets, sea, rivers, people, Colour and music everywhere. Cold beers, good food. Diesel tanks, smiles of people. Good people, new friends, West African flavour. Man….this is the life, I think I could go on forever.

And then, I was sitting on a beach, with a beer and realized that we had finished mapping. The next day was to Dakar, Dale’s house and finished. MAPA was incredible, and now its over.

we’ve spent the last few days sleeping on Dales couches, wrapping up logistics of shipping, inventorizing and laughing a lot. So, I’m done with this blog thing, although it does help me avoid writing fifty mails to update people on the trip; to be honest it’s a bit self indulgent. Not sure I’ll do it again, but thanks for reading chaps.

-Chris Out-

No comments:

Post a Comment